The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a service organization that recognizes those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of leadership, service, character, citizenship, and scolarship.
Important Application Dates
This organization is open to 7th and 8th grade students who maintain a grade point average of 3.7 (93) or above, an E average in conduct, and have evidence of participation in community service projects outside of Lanier. Applications will be accepted for review by the NJHS committee in the fall for 8th graders and the spring for 7th graders.
* 8th Grade Interest Meeting - September 10th, 2020 @4:00pm on Teams (link will be added soon)
* The deadline for 8th grade applications is - September 25th, 2020
* 7th Grade Interest Meeting – TBD
* The deadline for 7th grade applications is - TBD
To All Current NJHS Members:
Below is the link to the 2020-2021 Teacher Recommendation Form. It is your responsibility to email this link directly to the core teacher and elective teacher you would like to request a recommendation from.
* Students need to be aware that copies of all 6th and 7th grade report cards will need to be submitted to prove that they meet the NJHS requirement of a 93 grade average. If you do not have a copy, you can request a copy of your parent can request a copy of your report card from firstname.lastname@example.org
* Students need to obtain recommendations from one Lanier core teacher and one Lanier elective teacher.
* LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.