The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a service organization that recognizes those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Citizenship, Service, and Character.
Important Application Dates
This organization is open to 7th and 8th grade students who maintain a grade point average of 3.7 (93) or above, an E average in conduct, and have evidence of participation in community service projects outside of Lanier. Applications will be accepted for review by the NJHS committee in the fall for 8th graders and the spring for 7th graders.
* 7th Grade Interest Meeting – December 5th, 2018 at 3:30pm in the Library
* The deadline for 7th grade applications is January 25th, 2019.
To All Current NJHS Members:
Katie (Keenan) Rhymes
* Students need to be aware that copies of all 6th and 7th grade report cards will need to be submitted to prove that they meet the NJHS requirement of a 93 grade average. If you do not have a copy, you can sign-up to have your report cards released to Mrs. Rhymes in the attendance office.
* Students need to obtain recommendations from one Lanier core teacher and one Lanier elective teacher.
* LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.